Not to preempt your answer, but if it’s not to spend more time with family, many would say that they would like to talk to more clients so they can help with more advice.
At the end of the day, that’s what Advisers love to do and it’s why they started their businesses in the first place.
Advisers need to put 100% of their time and efforts into the advice process and servicing their clients, they are the best qualified for this, and it’s what they love to do. The cost of providing advice is blowing out and becoming unaffordable for most, so advisers need to look at ways of making their practice more efficient.
When I started Feedsy over ten years ago with my co-founder Gavin Klose it was all about helping advisers engage more with clients in less time.
When I first started with one of Australia’s largest licensees, Advisers, or Agents back then had admin support, stationery, processing, reception, and lodgements all supplied by the licensee. Maybe that’s showing my age, but times have changed, the profession has changed, the regulations have changed and now the world has changed. One thing is constant, and that’s change.
Pause, reset and outsource.
How could you redeploy the time-consuming and often clunky marketing functions and add value to your core business, which is more advice to your clients?
Advisers love spending time with clients and they are very good at it. We believe they should be dedicating 100% of their time to clients and with functions that are part of the advice process and outsource the stuff they don’t 100% understand or don’t want to understand. That’s often the digital stuff and that’s where we come in.
- Digital communication is a must.
- Online face-to-face client and internal meetings with free tools such as Zoom, Google Hangouts and Skype.
- Automate booking online appointments with free tools like Calendly that sync with your calendar
- Regular informative emails and social media posting using automated content and delivery services such as Feedsy.
- The efficiencies of digital communication and running virtual review meetings commencing now will last far beyond the current COVID-19 crisis.
- The current environment makes you think and work differently and many of the changes made could remain for the longer term.
- Email automation to create regularity and consistency is the key, but also has the functionality of a more personalised email update.
- Use more videos to introduce your emails and social media messaging, advice is personal, use the digital medium to amplify your personal message.
- We need to outsource stuff that we don’t 100% understand or want to understand (my business included).
Right now there is no more important time to communicate to clients, clients need their Financial Adviser.
When there is a gap in communication people will fill that gap with misinformation, others will jump in, and we have seen that during COVID-19.
A trusted source of regular content from a client’s trusted adviser is so important.
You can book 15 mins with me HERE