Feedsy were proud sponsors of the Adviser Innovation Summit 2016 in Sydney and Melbourne. It was a great opportunity to meet some great like-minded future-seekers and to learn and share some cool new stuff.
There were some impressive presentations and here is just a small sample of highlights.
Matt Heine from netwealth provided a brilliant overview of Australia’s fintech landscape and the importance of harnessing it. He encouraged businesses to either make, buy or partner with someone to implement a spectrum technology solutions to remain competitive and keep up with their customers’ digital lifestyles.
David Knoll from KPMG presented some insights on how to engage with Gen Y in the financial sector. One interesting trend was the increase in demand for Mortgage Brokers by Gen Y to get help in making decisions.
Event MC, Valens Quinn from the Gadget Group, shared big tech trends as well as some of favourite tech solutions. Highlights included:
- Slack which is messaging app for teams
- Timely for effortless appointment scheduling in the cloud
- PreciseFP for beautiful forms that people will actually enjoy to use
- ScanBot to convert print documents to digital ones with your mobile device
- Quora and Social Mention to find out what people are talking about in your market
- Prezi for awesome presentation software.
Jason Leonard from Watson Cognitive Systems at IBM provided a thought provoking insight into the future-is-now development of artificial intelligence. IBM are now licensing their cognitive computing API to small to large organisations to automate a broad range of processes by “learning” them.
And this was all before lunch!
If you missed Adviser Innovation Summit this year – definitely check it out in 2017.