AUSTRALIAN VACCINATION NUMBERS:
* There have been 56,665,166 vaccine doses administered in the national COVID-19 rollout up to Monday, including 57,638 recorded in the previous 24 hours.
* Of that total, 35,870,745 have been administered by commonwealth facilities, an increase of 45,731 in the previous 24 hours.
* State and territory facilities have administered 20,794,421 vaccines, an increase of 11,907 in the previous 24 hours.
* 96.83 per cent of people aged 16 and over have had at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine and 95.17 per cent are double vaccinated.
* A total of 13,002,602 people have received more than two doses – with a booster or top-up shot – an increase of 30,428 in the previous 24 hours.
AUSTRALIAN CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* 58,254 new cases: 19,183 in NSW, 9946 in Queensland, 12,007 in Victoria, 8145 in Western Australia, 5068 in South Australia, 2437 in Tasmania, 918 in the ACT and 550 in the Northern Territory.
* The national death toll is 6422 (+38): Victoria 2763 (+8), NSW 2473 (+12), Queensland 755 (+8), South Australia 268 (+4), WA 67 (+5), ACT 43 (+1), NT 36 and Tasmania 31. (Two Queensland residents who died in NSW have been included in the official tolls of both states).
GLOBAL CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Cases: at least 493,675,018
* Deaths: at least 6,169,931
* Vaccine doses administered: 11,007,686,598
Data current as at 1700 AEST on April 5, taking in federal and state/territory government updates and Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Centre figures.
(Australian Associated Press)